Monday, February 16, 2009

Episode 3; Trails, Tights and Stretching

In this episode I recap my weeks training which was a good week all in all despite getting the distance muddled; finish up the week with a little over 100 miles combining running and cycling. This week I split up the recording; hence the extended duration of the episode; an hour.

The first half was recorded during my long run from the trails; I am running in Cheeseboro Canyon which is not too far from my house, as I click off my first twenty miler from this training plan, I discuss the merits of compression wear, specifically CW-X three quarter tights which I am a big fan of and how I was fortunate enough to get them at a bargain price from a steepandcheep.com.

Other affiliated sites include:

Chainlove

Bonktown

Tramdock

Whiskey Militia

The second half was recorded earlier in the week and I talk about my stretching and foam rolling routine. This routine is based on my own experience only, but was provided to me by my physiotherapist when I had ITB problems. I have been proactively rolling out my ITB twice a day for the last four weeks and today I experienced no problems at all.

You can pick up a foam roller from most running shops or from Amazon and this website shoes you some great exercises how to use it.

You can look at the photos from the run here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP